Wednesday, January 12, 2011

snow day!!!!

It's a snow day!  We get pretty excited about this.  There was so much snow over night that all the schools are closed.  It is a gift of a day!  Husband was out early to clear the driveway.  About 25 cm of heavy, wet stuff fell and now it is rain/freezing rain.  Blech.  I popped over to the school to make sure that random children did not show up.  Answered at least a million phone calls.  (slight exaggeration!)  Is school open?  And then drove back home.  Wahoo!  Sewing machine here I come!

I will be putting the baby quilt together and quilting it today.  And then it is cards with the girls tonight.  Bliss!

I had to bash the ice off the clothesline to get these pictures.  I used a vintage sheet and a row of the coins framed in some dots from the Love U line for the back.  And I popped a few tiny squares of colour in the sashing on the front.  Too much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment