Saturday, February 12, 2011

Messing around with half square triangles




Pieced a bunch of half square triangles (HSTs).  I am thinking I will do something along these lines for the new couch quilt.  I wasn't over the moon with the blocks I played with the other day.  As I finish more HSTs, the placement will be more random.  I am pairing prints with an assortment of creamy neutrals.  This is more my happy place.  I do like putting HSTs together.  I started with 5" squares, drew the diagonal on the neutral, paired with a print, 1/4" seam on either side of the diagonal and string pieced a giant mess of them.  Pressed them with the best iron in the universe.  Definitely in my happy place.

But then the phone rang.  Daughter is on her way home for the week and got a flat tire.  She is still several hours away and in the middle of not much.  Some kind soul changed her tire for her but she is driving on the little spare tire thing.  Argh.  Mother stress is in full bloom.

It's a windy, stormy Saturday.  Time to curl up with a book and a hot cup of coffee.  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment