Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fabric Tuesday!

 I just had to talk about this quilt finish one more time.  Finished a week ago and made for Daughter as her graduation from university gift.  She loves sunflowers so much!  This is a quilt from Elizabeth Hartman's "A Practical Guide to Patchwork."  Such a lovely way to use large floral prints and showcase them.  The sunflower prints are a combination of new and old with some fabrics that were leftovers from sundresses made for daughter when she was wee.  You can see from the look on her face that she was fairly tickled with the quilt when she opened it in the hotel room!
 The window frames are Kona black and the windows then float in a yellow Kona cotton.  The quilt is loosely stippled in yellow on top and cream on the back.  I was a little nervous about that but with a few adjustments with tension, the two colours of thread played nicely together.

I backed the quilt with a striped sheet in cream and green with some sunflower yardage piecing.  What can I say.  I was thrilled with the way this quilt came together.  Pleased as punch to see daughter unwrap it and then wrap herself in it!  A sunflower quilt for our sunflower girl.  Congratulations, Nurse!
And I will be linking up with Quilt Story's Fabric Tuesday.  Check out the another wonderful projects this week.
Fresh Poppy Design

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love how you framed it out. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT summer quilt...you did a great job!!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness this is a gorgeous quilt. Can't wait to make one of my own. Great job!

    ReplyDelete