Saturday, June 4, 2011

On a Sunny Saturday!


 So with the sun, came the need to get our butts outside and find the yard under all the grass and weeds that have grown during our coldest and wettest spring since who knows what.  It was a beautiful day!  I transported several large wheelbarrows full of rejected biomass (a.k.a. weeds) to the chickens and the weed tip.  The flowers are looking quite lovely actually despite all the nasty wet weather.  The grass in the flower beds was thriving, let me tell ya!  As I weeded, Husband mowed the field.  And we are back to park like status instead of hayfield in progress.  The clematis on Husband's workshop has started to bloom.  So pretty!

The fabulous local quilt shop was having a garage sale as they call it.  Found some lovely bits of fabric to add to the stash.  They obligingly came home with me! Yummy!

On the quilting front, after I took the whip and chair to the flower beds, I cranked out a few more vintage sheet blocks and chopped up some more vintage sheets to make more blocks.  It is all coming together nicely but it seems like ages since I have worked on it what with having been away for daughter's graduation.  And daughter is now an employed nurse not just a recent nurse graduate!  Wahoo!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment