Monday, June 13, 2011

some scrappy stash building...


I have a confession.  I love scraps.  I think I love buying scrap bags at quilt stores more than buying yardage. I wonder if there is a group for scrap buyer's anonymous.  I took advantage of the fact that there were several vendors at the quilt show.  And wouldn't you know it?  I found a vendor with scrap bags.  Happiness!  I love it.  Just have a look...


 Moda: Just Wing It by Momo


 Moda:  Fresh Flowers by Deb Strain


 Moda:  American Jane, Lots of dots and SOLIDS!!!!


Moda:  Buttercup by Figtree Quilts

Yep, it's true!  Total score.  I am a happy quilter.  I already have a quilt top ready to piece from the Fresh Flowers.  There was enough in the scraps for the whole top.  It was easily equivalent to a layer cake and I still have a bunch of leftover scraps.  These scraps were obviously from the samples the retailer gets but the Buttercup scraps included more than just samples.  Husband says I have to work on taking better pictures of fabric because these ones are too dark.  Argh!

And finally, I just want to say a big thank you and welcome to the Blueberry Patch to all of you who check out my blog.  The readership seems to be climbing all the time and I appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment