Saturday, July 9, 2011

Finish Up- Week 3


Here we are at week 3 of the Finish It Up Challenge.  This week I finished the Hexie pillow cover.  This was an interesting finish because yesterday was my last day of work for the summer and after unpacking my office at my new school plus who knows what, I was so tired last evening that I fell asleep with a needle in my hand.  Husband came and rescued me from certain injury.  I did finish it though!  It is a rather large pillow at about 20" square and I need to find a better pillow form for it but it is DONE!



My work in progress list includes...
1) Paper pieced scrappy string quilt
2)  Clovers or Card Tricks quilt
3)  Sparkling Cider Vintage Sheet Quilt
4)  Fresh Flowers Quilt (only just cut out!!!)   Now a quilt top!
5)  A hexie pillow cover


I also finished the blue vintage sheet quilt top but this is not officially on my list because it was spur of the moment fun quilt.  The picture of it is down below.  Just a sneak peak.  This past week I also made several scrappy paper pieced string blocks for the string block quilt that is on my list. 

I included a picture of our blueberries which are also a work in progress (not on the list... he he he).  The very cool, wet spring is delaying the ripening of both our blueberries and our raspberries.  

And finally, today is our 28th wedding anniversary!  Quite incredible.  Husband says it is longer than a life sentence.  He is just too funny!  




I will be linking up to Meg's Finish It Up challenge check in.... don't forget to check in and see what other people have been working on!

3 comments:

  1. great work Cathy,well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling pillow cover & I really like the blue quilt! Don't you love impromptu projects!? They keep me going! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue quilt is just beautiful Cathy.
    Thanks for your quilting tips-will definetely check out that blog you recommended.
    I love your blue quilt among the blueberries!

    ReplyDelete