Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Work in Progress and Finish It Up Challenge Final Check In


Well... I started making Daughter a camping/picnic quilt from vintage sheets.  I had the idea to make a simple 4 patch with some sashing.  I decided that was boring.  4 patch became 9 patch with a borders around each 9 patch block.  I think she will like it.  I can imagine the quilt being wrapped around Daughter at a campfire or her sitting on it while picnicking.  I told her she can even drag it through a mud puddle and it is okay.    Stippled all over in white, I will finish hand sewing the binding on tonight, then pop it in the mail for her.

Finish it up challenge!

I finished everything on the list.


My work in progress list included...
1) Paper pieced scrappy string quilt 
2)  Clovers or Card Tricks quilt
3)  Sparkling Cider Vintage Sheet Quilt
4)  Fresh Flowers Quilt (only just cut out!!!)   Now a quilt top!
5)  A hexie pillow cover

add ons to the list...

6) Vintage sheet quilt in blue
7) Farmer's Wife Quilt Along  (week 11-26 blocks finished and ahead by 4 blocks)
8) Doll quilt and pillow for Mum's donation

I think my favourite finish had to be my scrappy paper pieced string quilt!  I really like it even though I was super bored with scraps by the end of it all!




I will be linking this up with the the other Finish it up quilters over at Meg's!  This was a lot of fun and very encouraging!  Thanks Meg for hosting this challenge and coming up the great idea!!!



2 comments:

  1. Love both your quilts but especially the scrappy string quilt! Just look at all those scraps and all the memories that go along with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love vintage sheet quilts; so soft & dreamy looking. Perfect for picnics! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete