Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quilting Swoon... so many dilemmas!


 Swoon sat and rested for a few weeks while I debated how to quilt it.  I snooped in blog land to see what other people were doing and finally I decided to do straight line, walking foot on either side of each seam.  Husband thought it would compliment the geometric nature of the swoon.  He is becoming quite the quilt consultant!  It took me most of the day to quilt the beast that is Swoon.  You can see the backing in this shot. A vintage sheet in white on blue floral.  It has a modern vibe.


 The next design challenge was what to do about the binding.  I auditioned several fabrics until I got down to the two finalists.


And the winner is... I picked the purple. Tonight I will hand sew the binding while I watch the Oscars.  So much fun!

Have a super lovely evening and tomorrow morning, I will link up with Judy's Design Wall Monday!  Not officially on the design wall but just as many design questions with quilting and binding!



5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! Lovely choices! The green could have looked good, but the purple seems like it will really frame it nicley! Those blocks are so big, I think even as a beginner I might want to try tackling swoon. Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a great job on your Swoon! It really looks great. Hope you made lots of progress on the binding last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great job you did quilting. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the quilting! I just did the same thing on my UFO this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the quilting. I have quilted one quilt heavily like that and think it wears really well. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete