Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Interesting Project... and I really mean that.

Sample quilt block made with stuff in the stash

Daughter's special someone has a sister getting married.  This sister had an idea.  It's an idea that I have not heard of before.  She had this idea to have as many of her guests that were interested and able, to make a quilt block that would be put together as a quilt for her and her husband to be.  Kinda cool, yes?  A wedding quilt bee.  She needed a quilter though.  Daughter offered me.  So after some consultation on phone and email, colours were discussed.   Sample blocks made.  First colour ideas rejected.   Made new sample block with new colours.   Tutorial for non-quilters was written and the wedding quilt bee is underway.  What do you think?  I will let you know how it unfolds.  I am supposed to get all the blocks by the end of April so I can put the quilt together in good time for the wedding.

I decided on a simple block that had really straight forward cutting and stitching.  The colours fall into the wedding colours chosen by the bride.  The quilt will be displayed at the wedding.  Nice idea, huh?

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous idea! I will look forward to hearing how it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute idea. And my daughters alway volunteer me for things too. I hear that I am teaching some of them to sew and quilt this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a good idea they will have cover for their bed. thinking ahead

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete