Friday, April 6, 2012

A Good Friday Finish...



I finished a pillow for my Mum.  That's all.  Nice and simple.  When I let Mum know it was for her, she told me that she had been trying to figure out how to tell me that she wanted it.  She saw it on the design wall.  Clever me.  I remembered that when I made one like this before Christmas for a friend, Mum had admired it.  Clever me.  He he he.

So here are all the details.  Neutral, brown scraps.  3" squares.  With a pop of green ones in the mix for fun.  Inspired by a picture of a pillow on Heather's design wall at A La Mode.  Heather makes fabulous pillows.  She really does.  I did a simple envelope back.  Quilted with Aurifil 40 wt. with the walking foot on either side of each seam.  It just makes me happy.  What made me even happier was Mum sitting there at the big old harvest table while I sewed.  She made lots of encouraging, appreciative, happy noises while I stitched away.  And now the pillow is in her lap as she reads a quilting magazine and drinks her tea.

Smiling.  Happy.  A good day.

Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday.  Check it out.  I am off to do just that.  

4 comments:

  1. Great pillow. I love the colour combination you have used. I love making stuff for my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pillow! Nicer that you could surprise your mom with something she wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pillow and so nice you are able to give it to your Mum - Lucky both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pillow. 'm sure your mother loved it.

    ReplyDelete