Sunday, July 29, 2012

Something new...


Having baby quilts needed down the road, I thought I would take a risk and start a baby girl quilt.   I am using an end of the bolt chunk of this floral from the Sandy Gervais line, Lovely.  Not your typical baby fabric but I think it works well as wonky stars paired with solids and small prints.  Lots of sherbet-y colours!  Clever son's lovely girlfriend is in need of some baby gifts as fall approaches. Hopefully this will do for one of the intended babies.  If not, it will do for a baby at some point!  

I was inspired by this quilt and apparently the inspiration for her quilt came from here.  How can you go wrong with wonky stars?

Linking up with Judy for Design Wall Monday!

roses and phlox this morning...

4 comments:

  1. This quilt is going to be lovely, what a lucky little princess she will be whenever she arrives =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your quilt - a baby quilt that the little girl can grow with! GORGEOUS Rose too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be a perfect baby quilt. I love the fabric and it makes a great star. So pretty and the flowers, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks and great start on the baby quilt. I love how the flowers go with the blocks.

    ReplyDelete