Monday, August 6, 2012

Lovely Stars and ice cream


I love this quilt.  It makes me quite happy.  The colours speak to me of ice cream.  Measuring about 42" by 42", I think it will make a lovely baby girl quilt.  I used some of Sandy Gervais "lovely" line for Moda for the wonky stars and binding.  The wonky stars are set in a variety of solids and almost solid.  Some Kona Honeydew, Buttercup and Peach.  Some Bahama Blue too and a bunch of other things.  The quilt is backed with some yellow flannelette with a strip of leftover bits and quilted in my favourite Aurifil 50 wt in white.  I quilted several lines on either side of the blocks.  I think I have said this before but I like baby quilts kind of "floopy" so I don't like to quilt them a lot.

I was inspired by Faith's quilt over at her blog Fresh Lemons.  I like her quilts.  Just so you know.  And baby quilts are fun to make because they are finished quickly.  Does this one have a home yet?  Nope.  Just hoping it will do for one of the quilts son's lovely girlfriend needs to gift this fall.

100% made from stash fabrics.  How cool is that?



Linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story!

12 comments:

  1. Love your quilt - the colours and the pattern. Great inspiration to make one this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I have a big soft spot for stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Cathy. Your baby quilts are adorable. You're exactly right about the ice cream colors and the fabrics of your boy's quilt in the previous post are so cool. Enjoyed visiting your very creative blog!
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! It's just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastel heaven!! Darling quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its darling! So bright and happy! Love those Kona solids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet quilt! And the backing is also adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a luscious quilt!! I am in love with it---really happy quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love it!! same print for the stars and ice cream color backgrounds!! Delightful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colours, very sherbetty! Someone is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post's to be exactly what I'm looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content in your
    case? I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on a lot of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web site!
    Feel free to surf my web site - account information gmacss.com

    ReplyDelete