Friday, August 17, 2012

Working on some swap stuff...



I signed up for the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap awhile ago and the mail out dates are coming up in September.  I am ahead of the game because I go back to work on Monday and wanted to be super organized.  The whole idea behind the swap is to swap one small hand made item and then at least a fat quarter's worth of scraps.  I did a little Flickr stalking and happened to notice that my secret partner seems to like Mendocino.  Well... who doesn't?  I made a cutey patootie little needle book following this tutorial!

I have to say it was a lot of fun to make and I added some little bits to make it interesting inside too as the tutorial suggests.  I was tickled to find the vintage button that I used for the closure.  It was lurking in one of my button tins and when placed on the needle book, it looks as though the mermaid is holding it like a treasure.  Or at least I think so!








Then I started playing with scraps and making them look pretty too!  It was a lot of fun and I really hope my secret swap partner enjoys what I send her!

And this totally works as a "my precious" project!  Happy dance!!!



5 comments:

  1. SUper awesome Needlebook! I am sure that your partner will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I LOVE everything about your swap items but am pretty sure I'm not your super duper lucky partner since I don't own a single scrap of Mendocino!!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great needlebook.
    I love how you have fussy cut the front.
    I think your partner will be over the moon with that gorgeous haul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute needle book - you did really well with that little one - love the presentation too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy - just wanted to let you know that my package arrived yesterday! I had a lot of fun opening it and seeing everything that was tucked inside :D I haven't had a chance yet, but I'm planning to write a blog post about it on Sunday or Monday. (I'm working nights this weekend and would rather be sleeping than doing ANYTHING at all or it'd probably be done already :D) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete