Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Feels like fall!


Well, not really because it is super sunny and hot but I did survive the first day of school!  It went swimmingly!  I do have a finish and that is my "Feels Like Fall Quilt!"    I made this out of a sample pack of scraps of something in all those rich reds and a bit of French General tone on tone.  I used a solid cotton in rich burgundy for the binding and a gold cross weave with a bit of Etchings in cream.  The quilt is a nice lap quilt size at 60" by 60".  I quilted it in close straight lines with Aurifil 50 wt in cream.  I love the texture this close, straight line quilting gives to a quilt.

I cut the fabric samples in strips and made rail fence blocks which I then organized in an alternating pattern.

 And just so you know, I am "Miss September" over at the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild's website!  Tee hee hee!

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story!  Have a lovely rest of your day!






3 comments:

  1. Well, Hellow Miss Septemer!!!! I love it - and where is this gorgeous quilt going to live? Surely you have run out of sofas and beds by now! Need my address?

    ReplyDelete