Sunday, November 4, 2012

Design Floor... Progress!


Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a Proverbial Sunshine quilt top!  And it's a big one at 80" by 80".  I keep checking for spelling mistakes.  It is the teacher in me, I think.  I used some of my very favourite fabric, Madrona Road, Wild Carrot in Straw by Violet Craft for Michael Miller, for the horizontal sashing.  I have to stew on the backing for bit and then I will be stewing on the quilting.  For now, I am just going to savour the fact that this in now a top and I love it! Just in case you wondered, this is a pattern by Denyse Schmidt and I have been sewing this as part of the Proverbial QAL hosted by Krista at Poppyprint.

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday!

12 comments:

  1. wow, that came together fast after all the lettering. Can't wait to see this all quilted up. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, it looks so fantastic!! Funny that you'd have to check for spelling errors in a quilting project. :) It all looks correct to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! The floral sashing works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing!! I hope you'll be bringing it on Thursday...!? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome - I like your background better than the way it was done in the pattern, with the thick contrasting strips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My goodness how adorable.
    I hope it keeps someone cozy and cheery :0)

    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! My brother loved to sing this refrain to his kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Milestone reached - the top looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It looks great! Hope you are bringing it for show and tell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so wonderful, Cathy! I love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete