Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday...


1)  I Spy donation quilt.... this is ready for binding!  Wow!  That is the beauty of spring break.  Quilts happen fast!

2) Maggie Bunny is all cut out.  I have already knit her wee capelet.  I had a minor heart attack when I was cutting out the arms.  I realized that the little square of Liberty Tana Lawn for the inner ears had attached itself to the felt square that I was cutting an arm out of.  Eeek!  I cut the Liberty right through.  Eeek!  Thankfully the inner ears still fit on the bisected piece.  I plan on practicing my blanket stitch on some of the felt scraps and then I am going to get started!

3)  Five Road to Fortune blocks!  I love the secondary pattern that develops between the blocks.

4)  Totally Pink Wonky Stars gift quilt needs a back and a sandwich.  I think this one will be finished before the week is out.  I am just not sure about the binding.  Hmmmmmm.

If you are out in the Valley on Friday or Saturday, stop by the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild booth at the Creative Stitches show at the Abbotsford Tradex!  We will be there!!!

That is where I am at today.  Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network and Lee at Freshly Pieced.

9 comments:

  1. I love the secondary pattern between those colorful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! I'm a big fan of a crisp white background and lots of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the choice of a bold stripey binding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're busy! I don't do fiddly, but I love what others do and am looking forward to seeing that bunny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of work there...I love the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great binding. Your Road to Fortune blocks are great. I am wondering if you are going to the CQA show in May. My mom and I are planning to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking great. And nice save on the bunny ears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you managed to rescue the bunny's ear! That "I spy" quilt is certainly colorful!

    ReplyDelete