Sunday, July 28, 2013

Design Wall... playing with value





I started this the other day.  I chopped up scraps and bits and pieces until I had a big stack of lights and darks.  Then the half square triangle fest began.  The squares are 6" and I then trimmed the HSTs to 5.5".  Still lots to make and lots of tweaking as the whole thing shows up on the design wall.  This quilt is telling me it will be a big one.  I have been wanting to do this for a long time.  I really love the play of value.  And I think I have been toying with this inspiration for years!

Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday...


12 comments:

  1. Great looking quilt!
    Love those Mums too! So pretty and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or are those Dahlias? I'm not a great gardener...don't know my flowers...whatev, they are still pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use fabrics! I made this design a couple years back. I like the off centre start. It will be fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this type of color value play! GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be a stunning quilt! What a great idea and I really envy you that design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Cathy! I love value quilts too, although I've never made one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your colkor choices. Great top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, one of these is on my quilty list..so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is all ready very pretty. it will be gorgeous finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So colorful and spring/summer like. It is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete