Friday, July 5, 2013

Finish it up Friday!

Quilt stats

Name:  Baby Blue
Design:  4" squares
Size:  36" by 42"
Fabric: Stash fabrics including some prints from Sweetwater's reunion line, Camille's Happy Go Lucky and even some Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air, bound in Kona Ash, backed in stash flannelette 
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in white



After selling a baby boy quilt in the last little while, I needed to get another classic baby boy quilt into the laundry basket inventory, just in case.  I went completely classic with this one.  Baby Blue.  Fresh boy colours with a splash of Kona Ash and Bahama Blue.  The owl print ran the show as the "boss fabric" and I added things from there.  I was happy to find the flannelette print in the right blue in the wall of fabric! 

I used my current favourite method of quilting... a fairly dense grid of stitching on either side of each square in my favourite thread, Aurifil 50wt in white.  The quilting looks so great on the back!  I bound the quilt in Kona Ash.  Perfect!  Here is is on the barn wall and ready to go into the laundry basket until a baby says, "Hey, that's mine!"

Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday!

14 comments:

  1. Very sweet quilt. The fabrics are adorable. Hopefully a baby speaks up for this one soon! I wish I had more babies in my life to make quilts for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice little quilt! Lovee the owls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those cute owls! Lovely job, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet Cathy. I like the blue and grey together

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love the backing, especially with the binding, just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! And the quilting is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh. so glad you are part of FVMQG!! love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh. so glad you are part of FVMQG!! love your posts.

    ReplyDelete