Monday, July 29, 2013

On Saturday I....


On Saturday I got together with a bunch of my guild to make a guild quilt.  We needed one and we didn't have much time.  Several of the guild members are off to Portland in August for a guild meet up and we are supposed to have a guild quilt that sort of represents us.  SO... here it is in process.  We used Denyse Schmidt's Anyway You Slice it as inspiration.  Lots of Kona solids in our "guild logo' colours and a bunch of things from our respective stashes.  Seriously!  It came to together like nobody's business!  That is Cynthia and Christine making design decisions.  And then below, Lysa is being the walking quilted model.  Nice feet! I have to say that this was such a wonderful fun collaboration with people cutting, other people stitching, people pressing and people putting up the blocks.  So much fun!



Here is the back.  The back took longer than the front!  How funny is that????  The quilt is now with Cynthia who will quilt it on her new Juki (so exciting) and then I will do the binding.  Quilt in a day.  Almost.


Then Cynthia played with the block trimmings and in no time flat had this...


Squeal!  Love it!

and we were left with this...pin cushion stuffing!


8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely quilt. Those colours all energize each other in that block. The recipient will surely love it. I make pieced backs a lot, and they do take more time than you'd think, but I prefer them to a plain back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in your guild quilt. I bet everyone had a great time putting it together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really a fun quilt -- both sides. could you post a picture and a link at the string blog? http://stringthingalong.blogspot.ca If you're not an author, email me and I'll send you an invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whee. the finished quilt is great but I really love the blocks made from the leftover bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! I think that one of my goals for next year should be to come to a guild meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt. Love how vibrant and fun it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to quilt this quilt, Juki arrives today!! I'm going to do the mug rugs first to practice on it! Still not sure how to quilt the big quilt, hmmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete