Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Plugging away...


Well, will you look at that?  I decided that I really must finish this before starting another something... This is Black and White TV and was made in large part by my bee buddies at That Stash Bee.  My month was May and I selected the classic depression block and suggested Black and White TV as the inspiration.  I placed one small red triangle in a block just because.  It is a lot of fun getting all the blocks in the mail.  In between trying to figure out my new phone today, I got all the blocks together and the back made.  I just finished sandwiching the whole shebang so it is all set for quilting.  Apparently I looked like I had a had a workout after the spray basting.  And my hair had gone all crazy from the humidity we are experiencing.  I don't know what it is about crawling around on the floor, manhandling a quilt but yes, apparently it is a workout!

And... tomorrow evening I am off to see Cheryl Arkison's trunk show in the big city.  We are joining up with the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild and having classes and a trunk show.  I am set for the Perfect Circles class with Cheryl on Saturday.  I have not picked out my fabric yet but I have all the other things from the list of supplies.  Circles!  Seriously, so exciting.

Linking up with Lee for Work in Progress Wednesday and the Needle and Thread Network.

5 comments:

  1. Sneaky little bit of red.
    Nice pouch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quilt. Seriously, you have the best ideas! I saw Cheryl's trunk show here in Calgary, fun and very inspiring. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to get to see Cheryl! Enjoy your time. I like how you put that little shot of red in your quilt. Clever you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red triangle too! Enjoy your trunk show with Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I do love the red triangle! Nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete