Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday!


I signed up for the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap Round 4.  I have been in on this swap since the beginning and have had really awesome swap partners, I have to say.  This time I made coasters.  I made some little slab blocks from scraps of blue and green, added some linen scraps to the back and got seriously quilty.  Each coaster is quilted differently because I didn't want to be bored! Then I bound them in linen... oh, and I used this fusible stuff for the batting, 2 layers of it. The lady at the fabric store told me that it is used for things like place mats so with the 2 layers, the coasters are satisfyingly stiff.    Of course, this made binding the little suckers a bit of a challenge.  Erg, poked fingers!  So this one is off work in progress list!



 Road to fortune blocks are growing as are my Lucky Stars BOM blocks.  The black and white tv quilt made with the help of my bee mates at That Stash Bee is stalled because I have not decided how big to make it.  I am part way through making a dress.  EEP!  Yep.  For me.  More EEP!  I have not made myself a dress for decades.  I am using some seriously fuschia fabric that Mum got somewhere as the "muslin" so to speak.  It will end up as a wearable dress but the colour is so vibrant that this one may not get a lot of wear but I wanted a test run.  So far so good.

That is where I am at.  Slowly moving into summer and holidays.  Nice.  Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network and Lee at Freshly Pieced  for Work in Progress Wednesday.

14 comments:

  1. Good morning Cathy. Your wee coasters are very fun. Lots of quilting on them. I've read a few different blogs talking about your guild. You guys are busy! Enjoy your summer down time. I'm still waiting for 40 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice coasters! Yeah for making a dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those coasters are adorable :) Can't wait to see you dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Cathy - those are so cute!!! Is that linen you used on the binding? love love love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are awfully cute little suckers! Love the colors, and the linen binding is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so sweet! A nice quick little gifty project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those! Very nice colours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I wish I was your partner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of course I clicked on your coasters to check out your quilting! So nice. I particularly liked the diagonals. Good luck on your dress! You should have posted a picture! All sewing is motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours, I´m planing to make similar pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice coasters. I love the colours of the fabrics, even though it's not colours I would choose for myself. They look so fresh and clean.

    ReplyDelete