Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday


So after finishing my  Black and White TV quilt, working away on the Lucky Stars BOM, finishing my bee blocks  and continuing on with Road to Fortune, I decided to start something new.  I have been stewing away for ages about doing a value quilt...  so I finally just started it.  So far it has just been about cutting up fabric.  I am looking through the scrap boxes and pulling bits and pieces from my stash.  It feels good to be cutting up stuff that may not have been used in other projects too.  I am planning on using some fabric that may not be on my favourites list but will work nicely in this mix.

Pictures of Black and White TV are coming.

While I was cutting up stuff, I decided to take Cheryl and Amanda Jean's advice and separate my string scraps from my regular scraps.  I still have to go through all my scrap boxes to find the strings but I have a start on it.  This makes a great deal of sense to me!



And all this stuff?  Pin cushion stuffing.  Apparently it makes the very best... who knew?


Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work In Progress Wednesday and The Needle and Thread Network for Canadian Bloggers.

10 comments:

  1. I see some lovely scraps in that pile!! Henna garden is still one of my favorites! Enjoy making the value quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh. All those wonderful scraps. You value quilt will be spectacular, I would think. And I'm amazed that you are sorting through your scraps to make something of them, if only to have them organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing in scraps! It is amazing what we can make with all that material! I have just organized mine too, big ones vs. little ones and I am plotting and planning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh scraps..Is that selvage I see in that pile...It is way too pretty to stuff a pin cushion with....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tiny bits are also great for stuffing a cat bed. I make a mock box-pleated pillow about 12" x 14" and stuff it with all the little scraps, sew it closed, and donate them to the local cat shelter! Nothing has to go in the landfill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a class about 10 years ago from a Washington State quilter, Suzanne Hammond -- the value of Value. Those lessons have stood the test of time and the book is invaluable and an integral part of my library. If you have not seen the book check out the library as it will help you immeasurably! How can you tell, I have only good things to say about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made a small scrap value quilt top through a class at my local quilt guild. I was amazed at how all those disparate pieces go together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your fabric choses. i love scrap quilt's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to play with my scraps again, after finishing the pile op W.I.P.'s first! The pink fabric in your first picture is gorgeous!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a box for selvages and a box for scraps under my cutting table. One day I'll have enough selvages for a lap quilt!
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete