Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Work in Progress...



I had to bring out the step stool.  This is a biggie.  The HSTs are 5.5" and it is filling up the design wall entirely.  Ack!  Tomorrow I will start sewing it together.  It actually grew much faster than I thought it would.  I was staring and staring at it and then I decided that I needed to shift the whole thing to the right by two columns.  I moved every last stinking HST over.  Even though that was a total pain, I wanted the off centre effect to be more pronounced.  Nobody sneeze!!!!


(All those boxes to the right in the other room are just my school stuff that needs to get moved into my new office but that too is a work in progress.)

This is before the move right...  It was too centred.  


Then I started making another needlebook.  I love making these.  I used some itty bitty sawdust scraps and some linen scraps.  I need to do all the fun stuff now.  The little pages need some pretties.


And I canned beans.


And we ate these...
We had some people over to pick blueberries and the little kids had a picnic tea party under the blueberry bushes with these.  Total yum!


Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network and Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday.

26 comments:

  1. gorgeous projects all around! and off centre does give the HST quilt a definate boost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty...I lvoe how you moved it over. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my goodness it went together really fast, wonderful scrap assortment too, lucky, lol. it is looking really nice. a value quilt is on my bucket list too, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's a lot of HST's! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it off center! Awesome! And those muffins look amazing! Can I have your recipe!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the off centre HSTs very pretty. You've been busy all around - the muffins look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the offset as well. You are sure prolific! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love your HST's! And how come you have beans already? I planted early and they're only just getting bigger than my pinky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks really great! I just (last night) finished a baby quilt in this same pattern - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The off centered layout is much better. This is just a great way to learn value and end up with a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How r u getting all that work done? lol Great quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, the off-centered layout is better. I have to get a design wall up and working soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the HSTs, It's so interesting to look at. You get so much done, I've commented on that before. Maybe that says as much about me as it does about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh love love love! And the off centred version is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is going to be gorgeous Cathy. I agree as well, you did the right thing by shifting it over.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was going to start with 'wow, wow, wow' but then I got side-tracked by your beans! Why are they yellow...in my world they are green!
    Anyway...love, love, love where this is going.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your WIP is scraptacular. It is going to be beautiful when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fantastic! It really was worth moving it all over :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your WIP is gorgeous... I just love your layout! It's a WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous quilt, I like the off center approach!
    The blueberry muffins have me salivating on the keyboard right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous looking quilt. You were right to off center it. Think when we do big quilts like this we need bigger walls...lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilt is going to be beautiful when it is finished, it is awesome right now. I agree with how you moved it all to the right, I think it looks better. great job! I could eat a jar of those beans and a whole pan of those muffins right now...yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE your HST quilt. I to run out of space on my design wall. One day I will make a bigger one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! This quilt is amazing! Love the HST. Yours is really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your quilt is looking good and blueberry muffins, yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That value piece is going to be so great - I have wanted to do a value quilt like this for a while.This might be the push I needed - thanks!

    ReplyDelete