Friday, January 3, 2014

And some pillows...






I made this pair of pillows for daughter for Christmas.  She has requested pillows for their guest room.  A beachy sort of look.  I had already given her a quilt so the pillows needed to work with it.  The quilt was quite busy so the pillows couldn't be.  I decided to use some small scraps in the same colour palette but with lots of negative space.

So there they are.  Not matching.  Not even the same size but a pair nonetheless.  Quilted in straight lines in Aurifil 50 wt in white.  Lots of straight lines.  The pillows are backed in a natural linen/cotton blend from Robert Kaufman and a bit of a stripe.  Beachy.  And finished with an enclosed zipper which happens to be my new favourite pillow finish.

A Friday Finish.  Check.  Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it Up Friday.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love all the negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Finishes. I love all the negative space :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I think they fit the bill perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty, I am hoping to make lots of cushions this year to try out new skills and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stars on the pillows. Nice and fresh feeling!
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pillows are definitely beachy and very peaceful! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete