Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Getting busy!


Yesterday I put together the February Lucky Stars Block of the Month.  It had fewer pieces than some of the other ones of late so it was a welcome change.  For some reason, the centre pinwheel is a bit off but in the big scheme of themes once it is in a quilt, I don't think it will be a big deal.  My husband didn't notice it when I showed him the block and that was a good sign!  He he he!  16 blocks and counting!



Then I worked on a little Valentine's project with some itty bitty half square triangles.  So fun!


I also put together a zippy pouch for a door prize donation at the next quilt guild meeting.  I used a bunch of my "sawdust"scraps and pieced them together with some Kona Charcoal.  And by sawdust I mean those little scraps that are too big to throw in the garbage but too small to go in the scrap bins.  I keep them all in a shopping bag and every once in a while a dive in a do something with them.  This was a good use of them!  I just apologize for the really bad photo that I took just prior to quilting the front and back panels.  What was i thinking?



Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, your star quilt will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colour combinations in your lucky star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your lucky stars quilt is looking great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't notice the pinwheel until you said something, as I was too focused on that delicious pink! Beautiful blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to agree with Audrey--that hot pink steals the show so it's doubtful anyone will notice the pinwheel being a bit off! Beautiful blocks, and your other tiny WiPs look like fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My center is off, too. But, I'm planning on leaving it as that little bit off should be hidden in the larger scheme of the quilt itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the star. Funny how the middle of mine was also a bit off. I agree with you though - it won't show once it's sewn into a quilt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't notice the pinwheel either and definitely wouldn't worry about it. This quilt is so darn stunning. I think its one of my most favorites ever. Can't wait to see it all finished up. Your fabric choices are spot-on.

    ReplyDelete