Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Here's the thing...


I started quilting this mini quilt.  I am quite pleased with it so far.  I am leaving the stars alone but am doing some serious quilting in between.  I went around each star to start with to really define the stars and then started filling in.  I am quite pleased with it so far.  I actually changed my free motion quilting foot from the open toe one that I have always used to the one that is a complete metal ring with a hole in the middle.  I REALLY like that one and for some crazy reason, I think it works way better.

I also started a baby quilt.  It is just a start.  This is the fabric cut into 4" squares.  Once I had it up on the wall, I decided the Kona Ash did not need to be there but I left the pale yellow solid.


And here is what it looks like so far.  Nice and simple.  The funny thing was that I was not sure if it was big enough so I looked up another baby quilt that I made with 4" squares and I had exactly the same number of 4" squares up on the wall.  I was very intuitive about the size of a baby quilt without realizing it.


I signed up for the Sweet and Simple Scrappy Swap on Flickr and I received my secret partner information already so I can get busy with that this weekend.  We need to make a drawstring bag from Jeni's drawstring bag and fill it full of fabric scraps and notion goodness.


And I leave you with our yard on Saturday before most of the snow fell.  Thankfully it finally stopped last evening and the big melt began today.  We were quit convinced that winter was over.  But it wasn't.  

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday.  What are you working on?

8 comments:

  1. That mini looks amazing! I love the quilting! And that baby quilt looks super fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color choices for the mini. The quilting really compliments the design as well. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I love the quilting on your mini and going around the stars, it's so cool!! & the new baby quilt is so fresh, I love the colour combo! And you guys got a lot of snow, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects look wonderful! The snow, not so much. Seems like winter has gone on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mini is looking fabulous. I love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the mini, and another scrappy fabric swap - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabrics you used in the plus sign quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of snow! It looks kind of eery in the grey light too. I love your plus quilt. I just made one for my new niece last month. I started with 3.5" squares. It turned out really well and my SIL loves it.

    ReplyDelete