Tuesday, February 4, 2014

In Progress...


I have been busy with Geometric Slide.  This is a quilt from the book Vintage Quilt Revival.  I used a Joel Dewberry print for the binding and I straight line quilted the heck out of it.  Just when I started to hand stitch the binding, I noticed that I had a pucker in the backing right near the edge... thankfully.  And of course, this would have been the last few rows of quilting when I was trying to get finished before lunch on Sunday.  Argh!  Bad words!   So... during the first bit of the Super Bowl, I got busy with the stitch ripper and ripped out a few rows of quilting in order to smooth the pucker.  I also had to undo the machine stitched binding in that area.  More bad words.  There is a happy ending to the story.  Pucker disappeared.  Quilting is done.  Binding is attached and hand sewn and of course, Seattle won the Super Bowl.

And as an aside, I really love Joel Dewberry's orange prints.  I am not a huge fan of orange and it is lacking in my stash but I have found that no matter what the line, if it is an orange and a Joel Dewberry, I am going to like it.  Maybe I should say that I am a fan of Joel Dewberry.  And I really like what he does with orange.  Just saying.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday.


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colours and I love how the white calms it down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful and the quilting is perfect! I've been on a 1/2" straightline quilting kick lately! It works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh it is lovely and so white and fresh. LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great, I just love those cheerful colours. Oh, and I want that book soooo bad! I've loved everything I've seen out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, love the colors and I love this quilt too! It's one of my favorites from the book. Besides the crosspatch of course. :)

    ReplyDelete