Sunday, February 16, 2014

On the Design Wall...


Yesterday I started another mini quilt project in preparation for The Creative Stitches Show in March in Abbotsford.  I used the paper piecing template from Amy's Creative Side for these small star blocks.  The blocks finish at 6.5" blocks.


I kept messing around with the layout.  I liked the layout with 9 blocks.  But then Husband came to see what I was doing.  I kept making blocks until I  had 13 blocks.  Husband gave his two cents in the whole process as well which is why I ended up making more, more, more!  And then I had to decide if I wanted all the same colours going in the same direction or random.  I went for the same direction.  And just so you know, these were a lot of fun to make.  Not too many pieces.  Just fun.  Linking up with Judy's design wall Monday.

12 comments:

  1. Oh those are too fun! Are you going to put a sashing between the blocks? Just thinking aloud about all those points coming together in that second arrangement you've shown! Love that background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These blocks are incredible!! The pattern, the fabrics-- LOVE!! I can't wait to see this put together. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are fabulous!!! Can't wait to see how you set them,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these blocks! The colors, the pattern, the fabrics. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such fun blocks. The background fabric makes them perfect! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love these! That background fabric is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these blocks! Your fabrics are so much fun... especially the background fabric. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your background fabric and the colours in the stars are lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh love!! I love the background print you used, it adds so much motion and excitement, so cool- as always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun blocks. Great colors and I love the background fabs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i too really like the background fabric and the design is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful block and I love the colours you're working with. I followed your link to Amy's tutorial, and I'll be using this too soon.

    ReplyDelete