Tuesday, February 18, 2014

This is what happened...


I am working a mini quilt for the Creative Stitches show at Tradex in March.  I made more blocks.  13 of them because I wanted this layout so that I could do this...


EEP!  This is what it looked like before all the setting triangles were actually stitched and the rows sewn together but you get the idea.  My husband loved when I used a similar layout for this quilt.  Considering he is number one quilt advisor, I went for it again.

The block is from Amy's Creative Side...

It is waiting for sandwiching and then will come the big quilting dilemma.  Any suggestions would be welcome!  And do I ever need to get all those pesky threads off the design wall!

Linking up with Lee for Work in Progress Wednesday!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, super cool Cathy! Very eye catching. Is the white background print from the Comma line? I love that print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you have picked. This is definitely a block I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good here. So when is that happening in March?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the visual impact of the setting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the contrast between the "light side" and the "dark side". Funny but it makes me think of a starry Lady of the Lake kinda block. It is very beautiful and I love it. I am sure you will find some wonderful way to quit this one. Thanks for sharing.
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been eyeing up this pattern as well! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a bunch of ladies doing the can can. I love it.

    ReplyDelete