Monday, September 29, 2014

Elizabeth Olwen's Wildwood for Cloud 9 Fabrics: Warp and Weft Sewing Society Blog Hop Covered Journals

6a016300f919ba970d01b7c6e7ccc6970b-500wi

I had an opportunity to join in another Warp and Weft Sewing Society Blog Hop.  How could I not jump in?  We got to play with some beautiful and newly released fabric designed by the ever so talented Elizabeth Olwen who designs fabric for Cloud 9 fabrics.  Elizabeth had created a look book for us and I volunteered to make covered journals and why not make it even more interesting and add a zipper?  Stay with me people because tomorrow, I will give you a little tutorial about how I did it.

Warp and Weft is hosting “Warp and Weft Weekends” and the first one features Elizabeth Olwen and her new collection for Cloud 9 fabrics called Wildwood. This past weekend in Toronto, Elizabeth gave a talk and trunk show, and her fabrics were featured in an afternoon tea and workshop with Sherri of Thread Riding Hood to make a sweet satchel! 

I could not be there, but the covered journals I made were.  Have a look... this is the gorgeous fabric that I got to play with.  (and a little bit of linen) This is really lovely fabric.  It has a beautiful hand and the prints are just gorgeous.  Elizabeth was inspired by walks in the forest and looking at the forest floor for rare flowers and interesting leaves with a little bit of fairy tale for good measure.  And of course you might need a journal to record those walks.


And I made four covered and zippered journals.  Because some are better than one.










  

Please have a look at the other beautiful creations that have already happened and those to come.  Tomorrow is Esmari!

5 comments:

  1. So awesome! & Bravo for making 4 of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very tempted to write "SEW" Pretty. Ha! I guess I did, lol! They really are Cathy! very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely - so is that fabric. My wish list never gets any smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on these and what gorgeous fabric! I hope our LQS's will support Canadian design and order them in because I'm dying to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Those look like a lot of work too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete