Thursday, October 16, 2014

Baby Blue Two

 Name:  Baby Blue Two
Design:  4" squares
Size:  36" by 42"
Fabric: Stash/scrap fabrics including some prints from backed in  flannelette and cotton
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in grey



This quilt was like dealing with sourdough starter because I used a bunch of leftover 4" squares from a baby quilt made last year.  I just had to add a few more squares.  I guess I got a little square crazy when I made the last one.  As it turns out, I even used the leftover backing from the first quilt for the back of this one.  I just had to add a bit of extra fabric to make it big enough.  I quilted this one with diagonal lines which I marked with a hera marker with a lovely light grey Aurifil.  I love this kind of quilting.  And you know, you don't really even need to mark the lines because once you get in the groove, you can aim corner to corner and its just fine.  

This one is bound in a favourite white dot on grey that I bought a ton of... it is a perfect shade of grey. Soft and clear.  The little owls are from some fat quarters I bought when a quilt shop was going out of business.  It adds just a little bit of fun with this simple patchwork.


And that reminds me of the pictures my husband took of a little visitor to our yard the other day.  This wee Northern Pygmy Owl visits from time to time.  What are you looking at?  Aren't those eyes amazing?


Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it Up Friday.



3 comments:

  1. Well, you may be able to wing it, but I have to mark it :) and your lovely light grey Aurifil sounds like, think I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful patchwork, I love the soft blues.

    ReplyDelete