Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Taming the scrap mountain


I needed to do something with my scrap mountain.  As scraps go, mine are pretty organized but I was still finding it unmanageable.  Several of my scrap boxes were stuffed to the point that the lids were bulging.  Inside the boxes, was a jumble of different sizes and bits of scraps and many had lingered for far too long.  I needed to do something because I was tempted the other day to throw all of it into a giant garbage bag and call it a day.

So this is the before...

 And this is the after.  Same scrap box.  What did I do?  I purged ruthlessly anything that was too small or not likely to get used by moi.  If I didn't like it, I put into a bag that I am going to pawn off on a guild member.

I cut and tidied strings and put them on one side of the box.  I also cut 2.5", 3", 4" and 5" squares out other scraps and then pressed and folded the larger scraps.  So much nicer and so much more user friendly.



I am working through all my scrap boxes.  I think I have done about 10 of the boxes.  I feel so much better now.


5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I need to do the same to my overflowing scrap baskets so I am more motivated to use them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks extremely organised, they look useful sizes of scraps:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I'm never letting you see my scrap bins, they are very sad and unorganized in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Can I send mine for you to organize? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking of doing something similar, but I need TIME. Looks great

    ReplyDelete