Sunday, June 14, 2015

Back at It, Baby... Modern Quilt Guild Riley Blake Challenge 2015



   Name:  Back at It, Baby
Design:  My own
Size:  37" by 42"
Fabric: Riley Black Challenge Fabrics 2015and coordinating Riley Blake solids
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in white in straight lines 

I had a little break from sewing with all the wedding fuss and being super busy.  I decided to tackle the Riley Blake Challenge fabric as my first back to business of sewing project.  I did not really have a plan but just went for it.  I cut the fabric up and made a bunch of blocks and then decided on an arrangement that pleased me.  I used every last scrap of the fabric and every last scrap of the Riley Blake white that I had.  I used some of the fabric on the back as well with any of the leftover bits.  I bound the quilt in a lovely soft gray that coordinated nicely with the prints.

I quilted it in straight lines.  Not always the same distance apart but fairly dense.  In my favourite Aurifil 50 wt in white.  It has a great texture now that it is quilted.  Just so much fun.    

I think it makes a lovely baby quilt.  It fluttered nicely on the barn wall yesterday.  Calling this one done. Now to figure out how to post the picture on the MQG site.  Erg.




Sideways...

The back is fun and shows off the quilting nicely.


4 comments:

  1. Another winner! Great backing too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice Cathy. I like it lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refreshingly uncluttered this design, absolutely love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so beautiful! Love the design!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete