So. I finished the pillow covers for our daughter last Sunday. I hope they fit the bill. They were a lot of fun to make because I started out with a 9 patch and then chopped them up as you would for a disappearing 9 patch. The thing is... I did not follow any rules and then added in a plain linen square when I recombined the chopped up 9 patch. I used a lovely mix of Carolyn Friedlander's fabrics. Mostly Doe and a bit of Botanics. Both of which I found at Sew Sisters! Gotta love Canadian online shopping.
And you can see that I quilted the covers heavily. Heavily. Matchstick quilting in Aurifil 50 wt in cream. I love the texture you get on a pillow cover with this extremely dense quilting. I have this idea that the dense quilting makes the pillow cover more durable. It could be all in my mind but I am going with it. Seriously awesome texture.
Then the backs. Simple lapped zipper. A big lap. And I like to place the zipper off centre. Linen. The best. Yep. There is the zipper. Pillow covers for summer. 20" square. Done.
Off to pick berries. Western Canada is having an unprecedented heat wave. We have not had more than a skiff of rain in the last 2 months and all the crops are 2-3 weeks early. We are picking raspberries and blueberries in June. This never happens. And it is hot. Really hot.