Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Just Sit...


We have a funny challenge for our next Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild meeting.  A tush cush.  Yep.  I made this one today.  Scrappy purples with a touch of linen and a whole lot of quilting.  I pieced 'Sit..." and then micro-stipled in Aurifil 50 wt in grey around the letters.  I used the same thread on the match stick quilting.  And it is comfy.


I was trying to figure out what to do about the back and I discovered this fabulous cross weave in a pile of fabric that I use for bags and stuff.  I must have picked it up at a thrift store.  It is really lovely and extra wide.  Yum.  I will have to move it to a more respectful fabric location.

I had fun quilting the back in a cross hatch with a lovely hot pink Aurifil 50 wt.  



MMM.  I think you can get an idea of the cross weave here.



1 comment:

  1. I love it! & love the stitching on the back too- very clever! :D What did you put inside it for the "cush" part?

    ReplyDelete