Friday, July 3, 2015

Pink and Gray Baby

  Name:  Pink and Gray Baby
Design:  4" squares
Size:  36" by 42"
Fabric: Stash/scrap fabrics 
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in white

This was a perfect way to incorporate a bunch of shabby chic florals in a baby quilt, don't you think?  I think it is just so pretty.  The grey dot and the text print update the florals nicely and I threw in a bunch of solid pink squares as well.  I have to say that most of this quilt was made from pre-cut 4" squares from my scraps.  I pre-cut a bunch of 2.5", 4" and 5" squares when I was cleaning up all my scraps this past spring.  It is simply amazing how fast a quilt goes together when you have the fabric already chopped up.  I backed the sheet with a fabulous pink striped thrifted cotton sheet.  Quilted on the diagonal in both directions in Aurfil 50 wt in white.  Perfect.  Linking up with Amanda Jean for finish it up Friday.  Holidays begins today for the summer.  Woo hoo!





2 comments: