Thursday, April 14, 2016

Donation Quilt finish




   Name: Denyse Schmidt-y
Design: St. Louis 16 Patch (tutorial at Sew with Sass)
Size: 56" by 68"
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in white on either side of each square
Binding and Backing:  Blue and white print from the stash and backed with an Ikea sheeting
My guild has been working away at making quilts for Syrian refugees that have arrived in our community.  I think we are up to 36 or 37 quilts with this one.  I started piecing it at a sew in and finished it during spring break.  I called it Denyse-Schmidt-y because I used a fat quarter of a Denyse Schmidt original Katie Jump Rope print that someone donated for the refugee quilts.  My quilting buddy Darling and recognized it right away as being "Denyse Schmidt-y."  And it was. So the wee brown print with green and blue dots, third block down on the left side.  Yep.

This quilt was made with the intention of working for a guy.  Greens, browns and blues.  Quilted following the squares in Aurifil 50 wt in white.  All ready to wrap someone in warmth.  

2 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty quilt! Fabulous fabric choices, Cathy. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your guild is doing great with the charity quilt count. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete